The Emergency Response Pool Programme (ER-Pool) is designed to assist designated staff to respond to an emergency within the swimming pool environment when the alarm has been raised. The Emergency Responder can be any member of the facility called upon to rescue and provide first aid.
The ER-Pool programme is designed for use in small pools no greater than 1.5m in depth such as a health club or hotel pool.
For pools that require direct supervision on poolside and for larger pools, the RLSS UK National Pool Lifeguard Qualification would be more suitable.
Who Can Complete ER Pool Training?
Any staff employed at the venue, e.g.
- Waiting staff
- Maintenance staff
- Duty Managers
- Gym staff
EMERGENCY RESPONSE POOL
A two-day course which will give your employees knowledge and practical training to:
- Rescue a casualty in the event of being alerted to an emergency
- Recover a casualty to poolside
- Perform vital First Aid, including CPR and AED
- Be able to surface dive to the deepest part of the pool and climb out without help and without using steps or ladders (where venue design permits)
- Be aged 16 or older at the beginning of the course